I am particularly interested in bringing Design Thinking to initiatives that are transitioning our humanity into a new paradigm. We are struggling with climate change, failing economic systems, broken communities, and an education system that is often lagging behind. In this time of change, we need new perspectives, and new methods for collective problem solving. The great work of our time is to find and implement solutions for these so called Wicked Problems.
I have found that Design Thinking is a perfect fit for the methodologies that are being developed in ecovillages all over the world, in the great movement of permaculture design, and in Transition Town initiatives. Since 2015 I have started exploring these worlds, visiting projects and taking various trainings in permaculture, ecovillage design and sociocracy for example. Many of my explorations can be found on Green Unfolding. I have been inspired by the wisdom and skills I have encountered. They have a lot to offer to organisations that want to be adaptive to changes in our society. As I continue to learn, I want to serve as a bridge between the traditional world of business and nonprofits and the new paradigm unfolding.
What can I do for you?
- An introduction in the global ecovillage movement and methodologies
- Facilitating an Ecovillage Design Jam in your organisation
- Using Design Thinking to explore Circular Economy solutions in your organisation
- Social Design; Creating a vision, mission and common agreements, group decision making and conflict work, etc.
- Introductory workshop on Sociocracy for your group, organisation or corporation
- User experience strategy and design for your digital transition initiative
I would love to hear about your project, contact me if you want to have a coffee and learn more about what I can do for you!